Don Bosco (St. John Bosco) was inspired to create a vast movement of persons to bring the Gospel of Jesus to young people and to work for their benefit. Don Bosco founded:
Salesian News and Featured Articles
- Italy – "I care about you". In support of "invisible" foreign minors
- Italy – Gunshots fired against “Don Bosco 2000 Association” migrant reception center
- Australia – Scripture scholar starts Lectio Divina Podcast
- Azerbaijan - Episcopal ordination of the first Bishop of Azerbaijani Church: Msgr. Vladimír Fekete, SDB
- Brazil - Second oldest Salesian in the Congregation celebrates 75 years of priesthood: Fr Klinick
- UN – Salesian Family members participate in a Youth Employment Event
- Paraguay - Mgr. Gabriel Escobar, SDB: "The deterioration of public life ... which is slowly destroying young people and children continues to worry us"
- United States - Thank you, Fr Arthur, because with you many have rediscovered Don Bosco! "Arthur Lenti. Memory, presence and hope"
- Vietnam – Consecration of new Church dedicated to Don Bosco
- Italy – Published: "Letters" of Venerable Francesco Convertini, Salesian missionary
- Colombia - "International Day against use of child soldiers": "Ciudad Don Bosco" in Medellín, factory of peace ambassadors
- Indonesia – “We feel strongly encouraged and in deeper communion with Don Bosco!”
- Italy - Seven proposals for a new agenda on migration
- RMG - New "San Giuseppe" community of Salesian HQ established (General Council)
- Rwanda - Consecration of "Mary Help of Christians" church in Kimihurura
- Myanmar – Reborn, the primary school, among headhunters
- Sierra Leone - Osman, the child who wanted to abandon the streets: "It is Don Bosco who changes lives"
- Indonesia - Rector Major's indications to Salesians of Indonesia
- Ethiopia – “13 months of Solar Power”. A new venture for Salesians
- El Salvador - Transforming the lives of hundreds of young people: young people creating a future
Reflections on Salesian Connections by Fr. Francis (Francesco) Piccollo
Introduced by Fr. Michael Ribotta, SDB
A young boy stole bread from Don Bosco and in turn, Don Bosco stole his heart for God. A Salesian vocation story worth retelling...
(A short story about Don Bosco's life and his Mission To Love)
St. John Bosco began his ministry to youth in 1841. Today the Salesians continue that ministry for young people in schools, parishes, and youth centers throughout the world. Are you thinking of a religious vocation?