Accompanying the first four Salesians on their expedition to the United States was a handwritten letter by Don Michele (Michael) Rua, Don Bosco's first successor. Don Rua's letter was short, but within it contains a very important mandate accompanied by his paternal blessings. He concludes with a reminder to his Salesian sons to always remain united with their brother Salesians all over the world in prayer. Don Rua's letter is made available below. To read the history of our province, visit www.donboscowest.org/province/history.
Salesian World News and Featured Articles
- Zambia – Salesian missionaries in the Makululu settlement buy land for new farm thanks to Salesian Missions donors
- RMG – Poster of the Rector Major's 2020 Strenna presented
- Argentina - "Zatti, our brother" trailer available online
- India - "Aiming Higher" - Don Bosco University of Assam in BBC documentary
- Hong Kong – EAO Formation and Social Communication Delegates come together
- Bolivia – Lay people of the Salesian Family in action
- East Timor – Youth Ministry and Missions work together in East Asia-Oceania
Vocation Awareness Week - November 2019
Young Adult Advent Evening of Prayer
Fr. Ted Montemayor, provincial for the Western Province of the Salesian Order issued a statement following recent news reports on clergy sexual abuse of minors and in advance of a further anticipated cable news network report mentioning clergy and religious including some Salesian priests and brothers.